Windows 7 Tips & Tricks
1.Launch a task bar application without using a mouse
If you want to launch a application on your task bar without using a mouse than you can do it by pressing windows key + corresponding number of application in task bar.
Windows key in your keyboard & 1 to launch the left-most application on the task bar, Windows key in your keyboard & 2 to launch the second left-most application.
2.Windows 7 “shake” feature
If you simultaneously run multiple programs , your desktop get cluttered. This can be annoying if you’re working on one program and want to minimize all of the other windows.
In other previous version of Windows you have to minimize all of the Windows Individually.But Windows 7 had a “shake” feature, that minimize all other windows except that one in which you are working in a single step. .
Steps To follow
- Click and hold the title bar of the window in which you are working;
- Holding the title bar, & shake it quickly back and forth until all of the other windows minimize to the taskbar.
- To make all other windows back , shake the title bar again.You can also do same thing by pressing the Window key-Home key combination.
3.How to Add Videos link to the Start Menu.
As you can see Windows 7 Start Menu only includes links to your Music folders & Pictures, but not your Videos folder. If you watch a lot of videos and you want a link to them on your Start Menu.
Here’s what you can do in just simple steps :
1. Right-click on the Start button and select the Properties.
2. Screen that appears, go to the Start Menu tab and click Customize.
3. The dialog box which appears, scroll to the bottom, select Videos section, Select “Display as link,” and click OK .
4.To Use hidden wallpapers and themes in Window 7.
First when you install Windows 7, it asks for your currency, language,and time . It installs a set of wallpapers and themes based on your responses.
Example :Like if you choose english (United States) as your language and for your time and currency format, the backgrounds and themes will include a United States section with scenery from the locations such as the Southwest , Maine
But there is a simple way you can install and use all other hidden wallpapers and themes:
1. Open your start menu and in the search box , type
C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT and press Enter. If you have installed your windows in Drive C: either you hav to choose your drive.
2. Now a windows explorer will launch & just show you a list of subfolders under
C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT: MCT-AU, MCT-CA, MCT-GB, MCT-US, and MCT-ZA. Each subfolder has a wallpapers for a specific country: like CA for Canada,US for the United States, AU for Australia, GB for Great Britain, and ZA for South Africa. Go into its Theme folder, for example,
C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT-ZA\Theme. Double-click the theme you see there (for example ZA) whose wallpaper and themes you want to use.
3.Then it will install a shortcut to the theme and wallpapers in the Personalization section of Control Panel.